SUSAN 300 MM WAFER MEASURING MACHINE
Susan is a double sided 300 mm wafer measuring machine, using capacitive measurement technology. Susan has been developed to measure up to 300 mm wafers according to the common SEMI wafer specifications, like bow, warp and thickness. Using an adapter plate the machine can be accommodated to measure 100 mm, 150 mm and 200 mm wafers. Because of the versatility of Susan, sliced as well as rough ground wafers can be easily measured. The modular structure of Susan allows the usage of an additional optical high resolution sensor, thus increasing the performance of the machine by enhancing its features as regards to surface roughness measurement.
Susan can be considered superior to equivalent state of the art equipment due to the following reasons:
- The concept allows a significant increase of the measurement speed.
- Air bearing guideways allow a frictionless operation while safeguarding a high stiffness.
- An innovative and hitherto for these applications unused drive system combines a high bandwidth with low maintenance and clean room feasibility.
- The upgraded system will be the first on the market allowing high lateral resolution measurements combined with geometrical measurements.
- The wafer will be measured on the whole wafer surface due to wafer rotation
- The measurement is conducted simultaneous on both sides with the wafer mounted vertically to avoid any errors due to gravity.